AAGP Wednesday Webinars:
The Practicing Clinician’s Toolkit for
Evaluation and Management of Alzheimer’s Disease
Sign up for AAGP’s new webinars on evaluating and managing Alzheimer’s disease, and earn continuing medical education credits right from your computer. Earn one CME credit for each one-hour webinar. Sign up for all for webinars and save: $100 for AAGP members, $150 for non-members. Or register for individual webinars: each $29 for AAGP members, $39 for non-members.
In this four-part webinar series:
- Access over 20 downloadable scales for use in your clinical practice
- Learn from the experts as they discuss appropriate use of scales in clinical situations
- Ask the experts about evaluation and management of Alzheimer’s disease
Office-Based Assessment of Cognitive Loss and Dementia
Presenter: David Woo, MD
Wednesday, November 17, 1:00 PM-2:00 PM ET
Family Issues and Dealing with Caregiver Burden in Dementia
Presenter: Melinda S. Lantz, MD
Wednesday, December 8, 1:00 PM-2:00 PM ET
Assessment and Treatment of Depression and Psychosis in Dementia
Presenter: Gary Kennedy, MD
Wednesday, January 12, 1:00 PM-2:00 PM ET
Assessment and Management of Behavioral Disturbances in Dementia
Presenter: Marc Agronin, MD
Wednesday, February 2, 1:00 PM-2:00 PM ET
- Identify appropriate screening instruments used to diagnose Alzheimer’s disease;
- Discuss the strengths and weaknesses of each tool;
- List the DSM-IV-TR criteria for the diagnosis of AD;
- Describe how to distinguish delirium from dementia;
- Develop a patient management plan that utilizes both pharmacological and non-pharmacological approaches to manage cognitive deficits and behavioral problems;
- Describe at least three family interventions that should be made after a diagnoses of AD;
- List at least two interventions for the cognitive symptoms of AD;
- List at least two interventions for the behavioral symptoms of AD.
The American Association for Geriatric Psychiatry is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Association for Geriatric Psychiatry designates this educational activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™ each session. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Per Webinar: $29 AAGP members; $39 non-members
All Four Webinars: $100 AAGP members; $150 non-members
You’ll receive a confirmation email with access information once payment is processed.
This AAGP webinar series is supported in part by an educational grant from Pfizer Inc
Please email AAGP at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 301.654.7850.